- This event has passed.
You’re the New Supervisor! Fasten Your Seat Belt!
March 17, 2021 @ 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM
A new supervisor could easily feel overwhelmed by all the responsibilities that come with the role. This program teaches participants the fine art of juggling staff, schedules, meetings, goals that must be met, and pressing deadlines. All this needs to happen while you also consider on-going training needs and serve as a back-up for the employee that didn’t come in. The list seems endless! Tune in to learn how to keep all the balls in the air without breaking a sweat.
This program will ramp up leadership skills and address critical supervisory issues necessary to become an extraordinary supervisor.
- Deal with Resistance – What to do when you were once a teammate and now you supervise the team? How do you address generational issues or the unmotivated employee?
- Change the Focus – Learn the value of boundaries to help find the balance between the need for approval and the larger need for meeting team and company goals.
- Partner with a Mentor – Get tips on how to find a mentor and the rewards of having one.
- Plan and Prioritize – Realize that the primary job is to ensure that everything that needs to get done gets done. Planning and prioritizing departmental tasks, and assigning the right tasks to the right people, are all keys to success.
- Be Accessible – This program will help you create consistent, timely accessibility by establishing routine coaching appointments that aren’t dreaded.
- Delegation – Learn how to delegate and provide encouragement to help others take on new tasks. Manage the workload while developing team members.
- Discipline Effectively – Discover how to set expectations that are clear, specific, and realistic. Develop the skills to discipline for improved results.
- Communicate Upward and Downward – Keep management and the team informed by sharing the right information with the appropriate group.
- Encourage Teamwork – Foster input from team members and demonstrate the benefits of collaboration with the entire team for positive impact.
Who Should Attend?
New supervisors, supervisor candidates, current supervisors and managers, and those that manage and train supervisors.
Karen Butcher is a former teacher, Mary Kay Sales Director, and trainer whose career journey led her to leave the corporate world to train and coach women and men who want to elevate their leadership skills, lead productive teams, and achieve their goals. Karen is a Certified Bank Training Professional who earned her credential in 2016. She is a Senior Training Consultant for Interaction Training and travels the country facilitating bank supervisor training. Attendees appreciate her hands-on approach to offering tools to coach and lead teams.
In addition, Karen works with Leadership Kentucky as the program coordinator for BRIGHT Kentucky, a new program for young professionals in the 54 counties of the Appalachian Regional Commission.
Karen’s passion for people is evident and she knows what is required to become a leader who people want to follow. She believes it’s time for a new leadership philosophy where leaders hold themselves and their teams accountable and let go of outdated practices.