- This event has passed.
Taking Training from Classroom to Virtual
April 7, 2020 @ 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
This 90-minute webinar will provide you with a roadmap on how you can effectively switch from a traditional classroom to a virtual training environment. Honey Shelton, one of the nation’s most relatable instructors, has years of expertise in delivering engaging training, both on- and offline. Like no other, she knows which techniques work best to engage your remote audience. Honey will share how you can answer the call to transition critical training topics to virtual experience. Don’t forfeit your responsibility to keep your staff educated about the skills and knowledge required on the job in this challenging time.
Even without a pandemic, converting classroom training to virtual training is a growing trend. All trainers want and need to develop expertise in this field. But how do you train virtually without disconnecting from your audience? The reality is that webinar attendees are less than attentive. The statistics are a shocking reality:
- 35% of attendees go to the bathroom during a webinar.
- 65% of attendees work on other projects during a webinar.
- 67% of attendees mute the conference call to have other conversations.
- 81% of attendees regularly check their email during webinars.
Undoubtedly you can see that the risk of attendees not learning is sky-high.
Tune in and see how you can successfully tackle this monumental challenge and what you can do to make virtual training effective and raise both the quality and expectations of virtual learning.
- Engage the learner and the supervisor before and after the event.
- Set standards and expectations for the learner’s participation.
- Enlist a Champion to endorse and validate the expectations of learners and supervisors.
- Practice incorporating feedback tools, pre-work, and post-testing.
- Bonus topic: Hot tips about working remotely while designing and delivering training.
Who Should Attend?
Everyone responsible for designing and delivering training. Supervisors and managers that expect their staff to engage effectively with virtual training opportunities will benefit from attending this dynamic and timely webinar.
Honey Shelton brings 30 years of experience as a training and quality improvement consultant to her speaking and training engagements. Honey works with hundreds of banks, credit unions, and associations across the country. Her substantial banking background includes spending three years as Executive Vice President/Chief Retail Banking Officer with a $1 billion south Texas bank. Honey is nationally recognized as an outstanding speaker, over half a million bankers have participated in her programs and attended her keynotes. Her depth of knowledge, enthusiasm, and compelling personality have left a lasting mark on InterAction Training, the firm she founded in 1983.