Coaching Skills Bootcamp
December 11, 2020 @ 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
Managers who develop strong coaching skills inspire and encourage employees in the workplace in a way that brings out the best in others. Are you the one expected to address behavior issues in the workplace and often feel like you are not getting anywhere when you do? Is part of your job to learn how to tactfully have difficult or dreaded conversations with other people from time to time?
- Defining coaching and understanding the value and benefits
- Ask the right questions using W D E P tools
- Build a plan around what you want and need to have happen!
- Communicate observations effectively
- Address difficult or uninspired team members
- Encourage positive behavior and results
- Develop your staff to higher levels of responsibility
- Refine your supervisory skills around giving constructive feedback
- Teach others how to resolve conflict
- Coaching tools to use immediately in your management role
Who Should Attend?
Managers, supervisors, those expected to lead others and those that develop training for leaders.
Vicki Kraai is a Senior Training Consultant for InterAction Training. Vicki infuses her training with a highly engaging “been there, done that” flavor. She started her banking career as a bank teller and worked her way up to CEO. She founded her consulting firm VK Solutions in 2010, specializing in assisting community-minded financial institutions grow their people and profitability. Vicki has a passion for developing people for success in the financial services industry. She holds a degree in Finance from Nebraska Wesleyan and serves on the Board of Directors of West Gate Bank in Lincoln, Nebraska.